Inbev buys rest of Ratebeer. Can it be trusted?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They bought it for the analytics, clearly.

Messing with the actual reviews would be a very bad/stupid move, and also ruin said analytics.

In other words, yeah, I think it can still be trusted.

It's was already a mistake to trust RateBeer. Or BeerAdvocate. Groupthink hype machines.

If anything the neckbeards might stay away now, so it might actually improve lmao

They bought it for the analytics, clearly.

Messing with the actual reviews would be a very bad/stupid move, and also ruin said analytics.

In other words, yeah, I think it can still be trusted.
We're in an information economy. Similar to to big impact to them from purchasing Northern Brewer/ Midwest. Sure it makes them money, but small potatoes compared to the value of information.

Hm, I use reviews when deciding what to buy. Sometimes they're helpful, sometimes not.

So I should either get rich, line up a liver donor, and try ALL of the beer available... or develop precognition so I can get accurate personalized info from my future self that already tried it? :)

Clearly you need to drink more ;)

In all seriousness, if I see something new that catches my eye, I'll give it a shot.

If a brewery has been solid in my experience, I'll try whatever they've got (unless it's something I hate- blueberry or pumpkin beers, or milkshake IPAs)

If a brewery is continuously subpar then I'll pass em over in the future, until a palate I know and respect convinces me to give em another shot.

I don't waste my time trying to hunt whalez or worrying about ratings. The majority of reviewers on those sites are blowhards.

If it piques my interest, I'll try it. If it's good I'll come back.

Last edited:
I don’t really trust others opinions on things. After all, they are just an opinion and everyone has one.

If I want to try a beer, then I try it. And make my own opinion.

I'd bet they bought it so they have access to all the data you can't see on the website, like WHERE every post is made from.

Back