In the middle of my first all grain!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ploppythesausage

Reaction score
After a very successful partial mash last month (mostly grain but just a wee bit of DME to bump of the gravity) making a belgian-scotch ale sort of thing, I decided to go all the way with grain brewing.

My setup is limited in my wee flat but I'm making a light wheat beer. Got 2kg of pal malt and 1.5kg of wheat malt mashing in a 15 litre pot held at 150ish in my oven. Got another smaller pot heating the sparge water that I'll dunk the grains in. I'll start the bigger pot boiling while I sparge in the smaller pot, then remove grains, add sparged wort to big pot, heat up for sparge water and repeat until both pots are full. Giving me 20 litres of beer. Oh yeah and I got a ****load of amarillo hops. After only using fuggles and mt hoods previously, I'm thoroughly impressed. My flat smells goooooood.

The only concern i will raise is are you sure your stove will get the full volume of wort to a boil?

Many people have issues with this and keeping a good boil going is important. You may want to consider splitting the batch into two pots

Back