Immersion Chiller from CL Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jilaman

Reaction score
I found this wort chiller on craigslist, and purchased it from the guy for next to nothing(less than $20). But I am not fond of how it is configured. Does anyone know the easiest way to extend the entry/exit connections higher so they will be above the edge of the brewkettle? I am worried of kinking the tubing or damaging it before I get it configured right.

I don't want to be fishing it out of the wort or having the tips end up submerging when I try to use it in a full boil. Thanks in advance for any help!

-click for the larger picture..

That looks like 1/2" stainless. What a good find! Stainless is not very easy to bend. It can be coiled but I think you would have a mess on your hands if you tried uncoiling that thing and reshaping the inlet/outlet. I would suggest hitting up Ebay for some stainless compression fittings and connect it up to some longer tube spurs.

Back