im so desperated i might just make a starter to get my fix.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
I was tailgating at a phish show recently and security made my friends dump out all the beer in their car...unopened bottle of wiskey, 2 cases of store bought brews and 2 FULL CASES OF HOMEBREW :( good thing i still have my reserve 54 (just bottled today) stowed away. but instead of jumping right into another batch i am sad to say i have brewed the last batch in my current homestead. i wont be able to geek out and look at recipes and ideas for my next batch because i dont move into my new house for a MONTH! (homeless for 10 days, (camping)) "im so desperate i might just make a yeast starter to get my fix." here's to downing a few and looking ahead.

Why didn't they just leave, park somewhere else and walk back. I would never have dumped that for a security guard!

And what the hell is Phish:confused:

For me NO concert would get me to dump all that!

Honestly I've never understood the allure of Phish...is it a generational thing? If so what would be the age range that someone would start or continue to like Phish? I'm 37 and can honestly say I don't think I've knowingly ever heard a Phish song...

Honestly I've never understood the allure of Phish...is it a generational thing? If so what would be the age range that someone would start or continue to like Phish? I'm 37 and can honestly say I don't think I've knowingly ever heard a Phish song...

I'm 34 and have been listening to Phish since 1992. Its music man..all a matter of opinion/taste.

no concert is worth the loss of that much alcohol. especially a jam band like Phish that regularly tours! So sad.

Yup. And it was a couple of cops not just security guards.

I don't care if it was the Chief of Police. Unless you are underage, or somehow in a dry county that prohibits posession within county limits, they can't make you dump unopened containers.

They can ask to search your car. Doesn't mean you have to let them without a warrant.

On what grounds would you have to dump? This doesn't make any sense.

I enjoy Phish to a certain degree. Not enough to put up with that BS. Very talented group, but the whole jam band thing wears thin after a bit.

Those cops are stupid. They should have CONFISCATED all that sht!

I take the train but the s center in camden everyday and when Dave mathews was in town cops where catching kids right off the train and making them dump their beer. I've never seen so many busch light pounders in my life. I just puked a little in my mouth just thinking about it.

Did they offer a choice? Like "you guys can dump this or go over somewhere else to park" ?

I know if it is private property, they CAN prevent consumption. Their property, their choice, especially if they have a contract with a beer vendor to uphold. Or, if one of your group was underage, you'd better thank your lucky stars that all you lost was some brew and didn't get any charges placed. I hope that wasn't the case.

I don't care if it was the Chief of Police. Unless you are underage, or somehow in a dry county that prohibits posession within county limits, they can't make you dump unopened containers.

They can ask to search your car. Doesn't mean you have to let them without a warrant.

Damn right. They can give you a hard time if they see you drinking, but they can't make you dump unopened containers. But some cops thrive on intimidation, and they know they can make you so panicky that you'll do whatever they say without even thinking "Wait- can they really make me do this?"

Too late now, but in the future, try to keep your head and think about what they're asking you to do and whether or not they can really make you do it. Don't be a pain in the ass and make them want to arrest you- just make sure they know that you know your rights and won't be pushed around.

I hope you had a good time anyway. The setlists from both Worcester shows looked hot! :rockin:

They didnt give us a choice. We thought we weren't on state property, but I guess we were wrong. They didnt do it to everyone, because everyone was doing it. We had cups too. They saw the coolers and asked to check them. End game. The great thing was they read all my labels before handing them to me. The second night we were smarter.

Ahh, so that place is on state grounds. I guess that makes sense and it just sounds like ****ty luck for you guys. A few years ago at Alpine I saw a couple idiots get busted for taking bong rips outside their car.... All the fans were pissed and yelling at the cops but maybe if those people were smoking their weed discretely inside their car like everyone else while state patrols were rolling by the lot maybe they wouldn't have gotten busted. Sorry for your loss.

If Phish is a generational thing you missed out on the first generation in your youth because because IMO all my favorite Phish shows are from when they are first starting out in the late 80s early 90s but then again they never really blew up until 94 or so. That said, most people seem to get into it around high school or college and it doesn't matter if it happened in 95, 2000, 2005, 2010 they will always somehow have a huge pull to that age group. Probably the party atmosphere in the lot and at the show so long as your beer doesn't get dumped out...

They didnt give us a choice. We thought we weren't on state property, but I guess we were wrong. They didnt do it to everyone, because everyone was doing it. We had cups too. They saw the coolers and asked to check them. End game. The great thing was they read all my labels before handing them to me. The second night we were smarter.

Yet another reason why MA sucks donkey ballsacks... :eek:

You can't have beer on state property? What the heck kind of rule is that?

You can't have beer on state property? What the heck kind of rule is that?

heres the thing, we were in a parking lot across from SPAC in saratoga* NY. From what i heard it wasnt part of the park but still patrolled by a plethora of security/cops. They just wanted as many people as poss to spend thier money on the $13 a piece beers. not kidding, two cheap lagers cost me $26!

A few thoughts:

What in the world did you have that much hooch for?

Did you ask if you could leave with the unopened product? The only reason I could imagine the cops would not let you leave would be if there was no one sober enough to drive (unless they were A-holes).

As to being homeless for a period I would love to see a picture of a turkey fryer brew in front of a pup-tent!

kh54s10 said:
A few thoughts:

What in the world did you have that much hooch for?

Did you ask if you could leave with the unopened product? The only reason I could imagine the cops would not let you leave would be if there was no one sober enough to drive (unless they were A-holes).

As to being homeless for a period I would love to see a picture of a turkey fryer brew in front of a pup-tent!

5 guys 2 days all the eggs 1 basket.

I would love to brew on the beach! But I imagine my fermentation chamber wouldnt like the sand.

I know in MN you are not supposed to have beer in state property such as parks and forests. I see those signs every time I go camping and I would imagine most states have similar rules even though they are rarely enforced. Like I said, crappy luck it sounds like.

On a side note completely unrelated to beer: how was the show? We almost made a last minute drive to Alpine because there were still tickets available but had no were to stay within a reasonable driving distance from the show.

the show was great! the best i have seen yet. im no fish head but i do enjoy the atmosphere. they were very on point both nights.

Back