I'm just here for the beer coasters...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf_Torp

Reaction score
... no, not really.

Hello, my name is Alf and I am a home brewer based in the vicinity of Trondheim, Norway. I've been at it for 2-3 years, on and off. I've been doing various extract kits and regular extract brews mostly, as I'm a bit short on storage space for equipment etc. I'm lucky enough to have really clean tap water so I've had no problems doing partial boils, which has worked relatively well.

My greatest success was a Belgian wit that I did as a Hoegaarden clone. It was beautiful!

My greatest failure was... a Belgian wit that I did as a Hoegaarden clone. The second time I brewed it, it was infected with something to the extent it was undrinkable, unless your goal when drinking is to end up shouting in a porcelain tuba... You'd manage that with 2 sips. Most likely it was the dried orange peel that caused it. Needless to say, it put me off the Hoegaarden style for a while!

Anyway, I'm 46, currently working as an excavator operator (well, motorized shovels. Biggest I work with is around 5-7 metric tons.) and landscaping assistant having bailed from the IT industry 4 years ago. I've got too many hobbies to actually have time for work but hey, I have to finance it somehow, right?

Motorcycles, cars, guitars, music, brewing, gardening... I really could use a summer that was more than 4 months long but I guess I have to play with the hand I am dealt. For now.

So, cheers from Norway, hope to learn some and share some!

Alf

Motorcycles, cars, guitars, music, brewing, gardening...

Welcome. It seems we have the same hobbies. :mug:

Welcome, I have a couple Norwegian brewers here in Hungary, They made two of the best IPAs I ever tasted. Goo luck.

Back