I'm Greg, New to Brewing, From Kansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheG3RG

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Greg, started my first ever batch of beer brewing on Superbowl Sunday :D, purchased the Mr Beer Premium kit that came with West Coast Pale Ale. I, and some friends, had been getting into trying various beers and my friend who has been brewing beers for under a year now got me interested in home brewing.

My favorite type of beer so far has been a wheat pale ale with a little citrus flavor... I would like to do one of those with my Mr. Beer once this batch gets done. Anybody have any suggestions on what to throw together in my Mr. Beer to make a Citrus Wheat Pale Ale?

Love the site by the way, and I am soon upgrading :mug:

Awesome, welcome.... I am fairly new too. Have a cream ale fermenting right now, fourth batch... Last batch, a Pumpkin Ale, got some rave reviews. I think you'll find a lot of appreciative friends, and will find some enjoyment in the process if brewing. This is a great site full of helpful info and laughs... Enjoy. Cheers.

Howdy Greg, thanks for joining us. HBT has advice for Mr. Beer on up through the truly epic brew systems.

Your first mission should you choose to accept is to understand the meaning of SWBO, RDWHAHB, and then have Revvy lecture you about leaving your beer alone regardless of airlock activity. :)

Just bottled my first batch! Got another 2-3 weeks for carbonation but I am so going to get tired of bottling REAL fast lol. Looking into force carb :)

(Pic failed to attach using Android app....)

G3RG,

I did a Mr. Beer Hefeweizen

I took the skin from 5 lemons (no white Pith) 1/2 +/- cup squeezed lemon juice and about a 1/2 cup +/-of vodka and threw that in a ziploc baggy I let that marinate in the fridge for 2 weeks...Come brew day after getting wort to pitching temps, I threw the lemon peel in a muslin sack, poured all liquid straight in to Mr.Beer fermentor threw the muslin bag/lemon peel in also..stired, pitched yeast screwed on lid called it a day ...

it was one of my friends favorite Mr Beer (I like it too):D

I am sure you could do this with orange as well...

Welcome to the forum

Jeffd10

Back