Illuminated toggle - 20A rated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelawlost

Reaction score
This illuminated toggle on Ebay is rated at 20A at 120V. Is there a reason not to use this at $3, compared to the oft-used Auberins Illuminated button ($12) + contactor ($15)?

Related question: If I have a 2000W element on a 110v line (18.2A), and do use switch with a 30A, 120V coil contactor, what is flowing through the switch?

Thanks as always for the wealth of knowledge!

This illuminated toggle on Ebay is rated at 20A at 120V. Is there a reason not to use this at $3, compared to the oft-used Auberins Illuminated button ($12) + contactor ($15)?

Related question: If I have a 2000W element on a 110v line (18.2A), and do use switch with a 30A, 120V coil contactor, what is flowing through the switch?

Thanks as always for the wealth of knowledge!

That switch is rated for 20a only with 120v and it only controls one leg of power so while it would work for a 120v 2000w setup keep in mind,Those switches do fail. You could even usea 20a rated AC light switch.
There are much cheaper $7 magnetek relays that will work for 120 or 220v as well as cheaper illuminated switches if you buy them direct from china on eBay but the wait is longer... I bought bags of different styles because they were cheaper than one from a US stocked supply like auberins.

Latest posts

Back