I'll bet you wish you were my friend.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadConPana

Reaction score
My stepson works for a highly regarded cigar manufacturer and has connections in liquor stores across the country. It is only because of him that I have ever tried Heady Topper, Pliny the Elder, or Parabola.

Now, while I doubt I was the first person to ever think of this, I made him a beer advent calendar.

12299402_10206286974786470_769478204443329898_n.jpg

The idea was to start slow and load the really good stuff toward the end, but make the last week a bit of an up and down roller coaster ride, so that each great beer was followed by something only ok.

So, this is what's inside those wrappers.

1. Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest
2. Ommegang Grains of Truth
3. Magic Hat Wilhelm Scream
4. Lost Coast 8 Ball Stout
5. Sierra Nevada Snow Wit
6. DFH 90 Minute IPA
7. SNPA
8. New Belgium Salted Caramel Brownie
9. Fort Collins Red Banshee
10. Magic Hat Electric Peel
11. Bell's Best Brown Ale
12. Julius Echter Dunkelweizen
13. DFH Pennsylvania Tuxedo
14. SN Coffee Stout
15. Boulevard/Cigar City Collaboration #5
16. Bell's 30th Anniversary Stout
17. Flying Fish Red Fish
18. Bourbon County 2014 Barleywine
19. Full Sail Pilsner
20. DFH Fort
21. SN Torpedo
22. Prairie Bomb
23. Bell's Hell Hath No Fury
24. DFH Higher Math
25. A bomber of 2014 Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter to be enjoyed Christmas morning.

Of course, I went to the store today, and all of the Christmas/Winter beers were out. Part of me wishes I had waited to the last minute to include those, but then, those are something he will probably have in his fridge by then. So, it's probably just as well.

Latest posts

Back