Ikea brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i took a couple of trips to the local ikea to see if could repurpose anything but they have very little in the way of SS, solid wood, or anything the right size/sturdiness. Some of the kitchenwares were more substantial but it wasn't quite the size i needed for a keggle setup. I ended up just burning gas on the trip(s) and wound up making my gear myself.

What about just getting cheap housewares there? I use Ikea funnels for brewing, and cutting boards are cheap there. Lots of valuable stuff for brewers there at a great price point, but unless you are making small batches it's gong to be too light of duty to support most brewers.

Does it count that my keezer build was done to match/blend seamlessly with my Ikea cabinetry?

keezer light by jgalvan, on Flickr
That's an effektiv door on my keezer to match the effektiv wall cabinets (used as a base) for my media center. And that's a dioder light strip that was "hacked" to act as a single unit and to fit the spaces they're in.

some people use the swing-top bottles they have at ikea. i think they run like $1.50 or so but are clear.

some people use the swing-top bottles they have at ikea. i think they run like $1.50 or so but are clear.

Last time I was in Ikea in Charlotte they were $4 each. If I'm going to spend that I'm going to buy ones that contain something alcoholic and tasty..

Last time I was in Ikea in Charlotte they were $4 each. If I'm going to spend that I'm going to buy ones that contain something alcoholic and tasty..

apologies, faulty memory of mine.

i was just there last week, but yeah I'm like you...if its $4, i need some of the nectar to go with it

I picked up a SS strainer and I'm using it as a false bottom, it's been working out great with the pick up tube I got from bargainfittings.com

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

ToManyHobbies said:
I picked up a SS strainer and I'm using it as a false bottom, it's been working out great with the pick up tube I got from bargainfittings.com

Looks like a horseshoe crab :)

Back