IKEA Beer? And it actually sounds interesting and not too BMC-esque.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ikea-Beer-Bottle.png

IKEA Launches House Beer Brand.

The home of the affordable Swedish furniture, IKEA has officially launched a new dark lager beer called Öl Mörk Lager. This beer is pre-assembled, and only available for purchase in stores, and right now only in the United Kingdom. Who brews it? Brauerei Nemo Namenlos, based in Germany. Each bottle will run you around This isn’t the only alcohol IKEA carries. Snaps Akvavit is a herbal strong spirit also carried in the UK.

Style: Dark Lager
Availability: 12 oz bottles, IKEA Stores, UK only.

4.7% ABV

Sadly UK, only as of now....

Interesting... I just had family visit from Sweden and apparently my old town, Helsingborg, just opened a new brewery. To bad shipping from there is more than I am willing to spend for a 6 pack...

When this IKEA stuff hits the states I want to try it.

I love Ikea for their cheap furniture and 50cent hotdogs. If they throw some good inexpensive beer in there too I just may claim one of those demo apartment spaces and never leave that place.

Just read about this. Does anyone know if they're actually brewing it themselves, or who, if anyone, they've got to contract brew it (like the Trader Joes/Kirkland beers are)?

If it follows the path of their furniture (look good at first until rapidly falling apart with any use past a feather touch) it'll probably taste great but give you a nasty headache :cross:

Edit: Never mind, just read the whole post, the story I read didn't say who brewed it...

Back