If you Could Only buy One Beer at the Local Market

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scturo

Reaction score
which would it be?

I'll go with Ralph's: Firestone Double Jack

How about you guys?

If it was right at this moment it would be Allagash Hive56. If I could choose another date then it would be the next line of coolship brews they are doing.

Pliny the Elder...without a doubt best beer I have ever had...I would drink it all day everyday and twice on Sunday!

Pliny the Elder...without a doubt best beer I have ever had...I would drink it all day everyday and twice on Sunday!

I hate you, ;) Pliny is my favorite beer, and I've tried most highly rated brews. To have it local is awesome.

As much as I enjoy Hoppyum, if I could only buy one beer for here on out, it would probably be Founders All Day IPA. To me, it is a good everyday drinker, with good flavor.

Sacrilege...
Any BMC...

WHY? ?

Because it uses less material. ..
If it is your only choice, eventually you'll get used to it and learn to love it...

Guiness I guess?

*cries*

It really is the best thing they have.

Surly Furious. Such a great balanced IPA. I don't buy it as much as I should, but I had it on tap the other day and it was fantastic!

Maine Beer Co. Lunch or Bissell Substance. Both can be had here without going to the brewery if you look for them. I really like where I live.

The Shed Mountain Ale I think, robust enough for the cool weather, smooth enough for the heat. My only concern would be the 7-8% abb

Changes all the time but right now it'd be Firestone-Walker's Parabola. Even though I live right down the road I missed out on this year's release. I've looked everywhere but it's nowhere to be found.

I guess it depends on the context. If it was a forever choice I'd go with Bell's Best Brown. Its my go to tailgating beer, its not always exactly what you want but its never a disappointment. If it was just for the weekend I'd probably get something different and summery. My liquor store/market has a fantastic selection but I haven't been in quite a while since I got the 4th tap installed on the keggerator and they're all filled with delicious homebrews :mug:

At a market so bottled or canned...different answer if it's the pub :)

Not sure to be honest, I had a fresh bottle of bengal lancer the other day and it was excellent.

What I'm seeing here is: IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA, Guinness I guess???

Anyone have a taste for anything other than hops? Oh I guess one guy said Boston Lager...so the scales are more balanced hahahaha

If I can ONLY buy one beer at the store, I'd buy DAB six packs, because it's $8.99 for a sixer of pint cans. I'm going to want something I can enjoy just one of or 10 of.

Ballast Point Grunion. It's my favorite pale ale and now that they've dropped the price from a Sculpin-like $16 to a reasonable $10, it's my go-to beer for the foreseeable future. So damn good.

My son, three neighbors and I drank so much Grunion that we depleted the supply for a 10-mile radius. After not seeing it on the shelves for two months, I contacted the brewery on Facebook and within a few hours I was contacted by half a dozen sales reps and distribution guys. Three of them meet me for dinner and beers and they even gave me some free Grunion. It's now back on the shelves and we're buying it like crazy again, including my neighbor who bough a half-barrel keg.

The sales rep told me that he ran a report and found that half the Grunion sold in San Antonio was sold in my zip code. It made me proud. :)

What I'm seeing here is: IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA, IPA, Guinness I guess???

Anyone have a taste for anything other than hops? Oh I guess one guy said Boston Lager...so the scales are more balanced hahahaha

If I can ONLY buy one beer at the store, I'd buy DAB six packs, because it's $8.99 for a sixer of pint cans. I'm going to want something I can enjoy just one of or 10 of.

I mean, I said a style-less beer that's closest to an English strong ale

Alesmith .394 San Diego Style Pale Ale (Whatever that means)

I could drink 1, 5, 14 of those beers and still want more the next day.

Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere. Easy drinking sour that is just at home with dinner as it is quenching your thirst after mowing the lawn.

My Choice to date if I only had one choice forever.
Currently available in local Market....Black Butte Porter, by Deschutes

If it were available in local Market... Full Nelson BIPA, by Dirty Bucket

OR maybe just Bush, I can drink that any time anywhere. and its in a can boat ready..:D

Right now it'd be Wicked Weed's Black Angel Sour...but my mood would change like the wind.

Boneyard RPM. Better than both Plinys, better than Bell's, better than Firestone Walker. Those are all fantastic, but when you live in Bend you gotta be true to the home team.

Wow, I've never heard of most of these. Guess that's what I get for living in BFE Iowa.

Right now I'm in love with West O Coco Stout, but if it's forever, I'd have to choose a good German Hefe.

Back