if I'm going to dry hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff62217

Reaction score
What would you recommend?

using a morebeer apa II kit with:
1.5lb crystal 15L
.5lb Honey Malt
8lbs ul malt extract

1oz magnum
2oz cascade
2oz willamette

I'm about 7 days into primary and am thinking I'd like to dry hop with Amarillos or Centennials. Can anyone recommend an amount or better hop?

much thanks

1 oz each of Amarillo, Citra, and Simcoe

Dry hop for 5-7 days

It has a fantastic hoppy citrus/fruit aroma with a slight balancing dank pine undertone that's easy on the nose. Everyone loved the aroma.

Those three are a great dry hop combination and would compliment your existing cascade and willamette.

If you're trying to just use 1 hop, between the two you mentioned, I'd use 2 oz of Amarillo.

You might find this link useful: http://www.homebrewstuff.com/hop-profiles

I have sort of grown tired of Amarillo lately, but I think Amarillo and centennial compliment each other really nicely. If you have both, why not use 1 oz of each in the dry hop. If you had to choose one, I'd go with 1-2 oz of centennial (bc I'm tired of Amarillo, which has no impact on you!)

was barely able to cram 4oz of hops through the neck of the carboy, used 2 cascade and 2 centennial. Took a sample, but couldn't get enough for a hydrometer reading.

Did get a taste, however. Tastes like beer! Woohoo!

Latest posts

Back