If I Can't Be Brewing, This Is A Nice Substitute

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Rode the "Tail of the Dragon" last week. 318 switchback curves in an 11 mile stretch that crosses over the TN / NC borders. Four days of riding. 1,700 miles. 100 degree days.

AWESOMENESS.

Photographers along some of the twisties make a good living out of snapping pics all day long.

Resized.jpg

Not all riders are fortunate enough to get through unscathed. This is "The Tree of Shame" at the end of the ride in Deals Gap, NC.

TreeOfShame.jpg

One of my fellow riders took this video the last time he hit the Dragon.
http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad255/Loanrider/?action=view&current=MOV05448.mp4

We rode up to Vermont and Maine last summer and hit the Dragon on the way home. What a great ride. we are going to Ohio at the end of the month and I have already mapped out a slight detour to hit it again.
Might even try to talk Mama into zipping over to Dogfish Head since it's only 700 miles out of the way but on the USA map, it doesn't look that bad.

Back