Ideas of what to do with this combination of grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquisky

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So I haven't brewed in a few years and decided to do the bee cave brewery house ale. Downloaded beersmith and plugged my numbers in and took it to the local homebrew shop. The water in El Paso is horrible so I'm using distilled water and the instructions from the water primer (1 tsp calcium chloride and 2% of the grain bill acid malt). I mistyped the amount of acid malt into the recipe on beersmith. They asked if I wanted all the grains in one bag and I said "sure." Mistake

In reviewing my recipe when I got home I realized I'd asked for and got TWO PUNDS OF ACID MALT instead of the 3 oz.

So I have a mixed up bag of grains with the following
8 lbs two row
2 lbs Vienna
0.5 lbs crystal 10
2 lbs acidulated malt

Never made a gose... maybe add some wheat?

Any thought?

You could make some kind of sour beer, but I'd probably put it in the freezer and sub 19 ounces of it into each of the next 10 beers I make. You need 19 ounces of that stuff to get 3oz of acid malt.

Hi everyone

So I haven't brewed in a few years and decided to do the bee cave brewery house ale. Downloaded beersmith and plugged my numbers in and took it to the local homebrew shop. The water in El Paso is horrible so I'm using distilled water and the instructions from the water primer (1 tsp calcium chloride and 2% of the grain bill acid malt). I mistyped the amount of acid malt into the recipe on beersmith. They asked if I wanted all the grains in one bag and I said "sure." Mistake

In reviewing my recipe when I got home I realized I'd asked for and got TWO PUNDS OF ACID MALT instead of the 3 oz.

So I have a mixed up bag of grains with the following
8 lbs two row
2 lbs Vienna
0.5 lbs crystal 10
2 lbs acidulated malt

Never made a gose... maybe add some wheat?

Any thought?
There is a recipe at the weyermann acidulated malt product homepage that gives you a fake Berliner weisse. I think it needed 7% acid malt if I remember correctly, so you would still need to add base malt to lower the concentration, but you could do it in two batches.

Latest posts

Back