Ideas for matching beers to these proteins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyp42

Reaction score
Hi brewers, Im going to be appearing on a TV show about BBQing meats and need to brew beers to match various proteins. Here is a list of proteins that will be cooked each week. Any suggestions for what type of beer I can brew to match each protein? Ive already got some beers done but thinking I might change it around a bit. here is the list with my ideas next to each one.

Beef- Black rye IPA
Pork - IPA or amber
Chicken - American hefeweizen with orange bitter peel
Seafood - NEIPA
Lamb- Stout
Aussie- (Emu, croc, kangaroo, We dont know yet) - XPA
Pork - IPA
Beef - Belgian Dark ale

thanks guys,

Looks like you're heavy on IPA/bitter stuff, which I don't care for - I second the lager suggestion as well as maybe some nice blonde or amber ales, just for some differences in there. A blonde ale is great with poultry IMHO and one of our better beers is a brown ale that is nice with pork. A good Porter with steaks is also popular in this house.

How fun! Hope you'll report back on how it's going!

I would do seafood with a red ale, but it really depends on the seafood...
also would try to pair the Aussie with a belgian...maybe a Belgian blond for croc or a trippel for something more gamey
Let us know where we can watch!

Back