iBrewMaster 2 to Brewfather batch converter now available

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclonite

Reaction score
Just wanted to let people know that I created a converter for batches from iBrewMaster 2 (an iOS app that is no longer available to even install) to Brewfather. I had about 10 years worth of brewing history in iBrewMaster 2, so it was a bit disconcerting when I lost that moving over to Brewfather. While I was easily able to export my iBrewMaster 2 recipes to Beer XML format and import those into Brewfather, there was no format directly available to import the batches (which are exported from iBrewMaster 2 in a proprietary JSON format). So, I created this converter to move my history over.

It is available here: GitHub - eric-upchurch/brewfather-utils. It requires a Python installation - if there is interest, I can create an executable using PyInstaller, but I just took the simple route for my own purposes to start with...

Please feel free to use it if you find it helpful!

Cheers!

Ugh, I haven’t brewed in about ten months due to life and children getting in the way… so I missed this whole memo on iBrewMaster2 no longer working! major bummer, lots of recipes stashed in there.

Latest posts

Back