iBrew Master Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WKU_Doc_D

Reaction score
Put your brain power to use and help me determine if the following is possible or how best I can calculate.

I brewed Austin Homebrew's Black Ale. After primary, I racked to Secondary and added 2 vanilla beans and a pint of good Kentucky Bourbon. (should be a nice winter time warmer). Here is my question. I use iBrewMaster to keep track of my beers and to calculate approximate alc. levels. Does anyone know if its possible to input this information into the software and it calculate the difference the bourbon made? I can add it as a flavoring, but that doesn't change anything.
If iBrewMaster is incapable of calculating this for me, anyone know how to make this calculation? Thanks

Thanks

I

Okay time for word problems:
You added 16ozs of 80 proof Bourbon to 5 gallons of beer. How much did you increase the ABV?
80 proof = 40%
So 16 X .4 = 6.4 ozs of Alcohol
5 gallons of beer = 620 oz of beer
620 divided by 6.4 = 96.875 divided by 100 for % = .96875

Which by my calculations, while drinking I admit, means you added about 1%ABV in bourbon

Back