I think less of people supporting causes that affect them

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? We just got everyone back down to earth and you have to stir the muck. Nobody said there aren't any other professionals that deserve recognition. They did however use ONE (a doctor) as an example. Please re-read your old saying and let the sleeping dog lie.

How rude of me to not consider how my post might negatively impact you. It's very unfortunate that my post made you read and post. In the future I will make sure I consult you prior to any posting. Again, please accept my sincerest of apologies.

I have a dear friend who suffers from cystic fibrosis. He was born with it, shouldn't have lived to 20 but now in his mid 30's due to advancements in our knowledge and treatment options. Of course he (and his wife, and his friends, and his family, and his co-workers...) support the charity efforts that fund much of this research. He doesn't give 2 sh!ts about being a hero or whether you think less of him, he'd just like to be alive a little longer. OP, you should really just stop and disappear quietly into the background while you can rather than continue to dig yourself deeper trying to justify and rationalize your backwards opinions. You're entitled to be an a$$hole but don't get pissed when people call you out on it.

Hold onto your hats, my friends! The wildfires and hurricanes are going to wreak havoc with your moral sensitivities just... about... NOW!

Back