I think I might have effed up in a great way...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrancoBrews10

Reaction score
So a buddy of mine asked me to brew a beer that tasted like hersheys syrup. Naturally my instinct was to make a milk stout, go heavy on the lactose and add 2 bottles of hersheys sugar free, fat free syrup.

At the same time I am brewing my 6 other beers for our huge xmas and new years gatherings. One of those beers is a bourbon barrel porter. I had my oak woods cubes sitting in bourbon, ready to be pitched in the beer, so I do this. Then I as head over to the add the hersheys syrup to the Milk Stout I realized, as you probably guessed it, I put the bourbon and chips into the milk stout.

So Im going to proceed as if I didnt add that and add the chocolate, cause Im assuming this might be a pretty tasty combo anyway... Thoughts?

Now for the Porter I figured Im just gonna grab 5 pounds of dark cherries, soak em in the bourbon and that. Or any suggestions you guys are will to toss my way.

TLDR; I mistakenly added bourbon soaked oak chips to 5 gallons of hershey syrup milk stout instead of my bourbon barrel porter. What to do?

Latest posts

Back