I need suggestions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realtree2

Reaction score
I am looking to brew the weekend after Christmas. I was thinking about doing a 10% RIS and aging it for 10-12 months. But now I'm wondering what would be a good beer for late January/early February?

^What the hell???

You should look into a partigyle brew. Do your RIS as the first gyle. The next one can be a lovely small beer porter that will be ready at your time of late Jan or early Feb.

^What the hell???

You should look into a partigyle brew. Do your RIS as the first gyle. The next one can be a lovely small beer porter that will be ready at your time of late Jan or early Feb.

Sorry I should have specified extract only at this point.

Ah. Got ya. Well a nice porter in general will be quick and easy for the colder months.

The "what the hell" was not at your post. It was to the spam crap that seems to have been deleted already. Sorry. Hope the brews go well.

I like a nice Robust Porter over the winter months, and also a Belgian Dark Strong. I was going to suggest a Doppelbock, but it may be a bit early for one of those. I like to have the ready for March or April.

The "what the hell" was not at your post. It was to the spam crap that seems to have been deleted already. Sorry. Hope the brews go well.

I figured as much. I reported that right away. Thanks for your reply.

Back