I love this place!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzourah2006

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been drinking beer since 2000, but didn't really try good beer until about 3 years ago. I grew up in St. Louis, so if you didn't drink bud or bud light you were considered an outcast. I moved to Orlando for grad school and became friends with a colleague that lived and now lives again in Denver. He introduced me to Dale's Pale Ale, and a host of other Ale's and IPAs. At first I thought they were disgusting, but he knew so much more about beer than I did I figured he had to be right, when he said these were great beers. After choking down about 10-12 variations of IPA it suddenly clicked and I thought they were great. I have been drinking different beers ever since.

I decided I wanted to try my hand at homebrewing, but living in a 1 bedroom apartment in Orlando did not leave me enough room or a friendly enough environment.

I just moved to Pittsburgh, PA for a job and now that I have a basement I immediately went out and bought the equipment.

I was too caught up in the excitement and the fact that I wanted to make something my wife liked that I accidentally bought an Oktoberfest ingredient kit. I should have started out with an easy Ale, lol. Luckily I have an extra fridge downstairs.

I have already learned a lot and I hope to learn a bunch more. Hopefully my first batch goes ok, because after reading here for 2 days I know there are a # of things I could have done better.

Back