I Love my wife....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkensatyr

Reaction score
She thought the old Kegerator looked too rough, so we bought a new 15 cf chest freezer. Well, a few nights ago, she opened the lid to pour a pint, and when she put the faucet back in the freezer, it got cocked open. Lost half her batch of Apricot wheat. As we are cleaning out the freezer last night, I suggest that I make a PVC Tower tomorrow. She shrugs and we just go about cleaning.. Calls me up at work today and tells me to order a tower from morebeer. Soooooo 3" 3 faucet tower here we come! Since she loves to paint, I'm buying her an airbrush and she is going to paint the kegerator with a flame job!!! I'll send some pic's when it is finished.

if my wife started drinking apricot wheat ... well ... never mind

Lucky Bastid!! :D

Only if my wife was beer drinker...

I'm slowy getting her in cider. I'm gonna have to get a 2.5 gal corny of apfelwein and when she's hooked, I'll have a row of taps!!

Well, it was a bit of an adventure getting to this point. Her first 4 batches turned out pretty ........well ........ you know. She kept using ingredients that we had never tried and kept pulling off flavors. She almost gave up on brewing. Then she made a wheat that I made a recipe for. Her brew day went flawlessly, the beer came out wonderful and now I have to fight her for brew days! :)

I shed a tear for my wife last night... she showed up last night from the store with a 4 pack of Delirium Nocturnum (I think that's what it's called)... anyway, it's a high falutin' Belgian... she knows I've been on a huge Belgian kick lately... so we tried a bottle (awesome, by the way... well worth the $14 pricetag for a 4 pack) and she was totally into it, drinking it like wine, trying to taste the different flavors and she really dug it. I was so proud!

She also just recently let me put in a 4912 kegerator and didn't say peep about the price of the fridge, the tower, the kegs, etc...

my wife bought me a used Kegerator for my birthday. Then accompanied me to the local brewpub to buy a keg. On the way home we stopped and got a brew kit. In the last month and ahalf we've emtied to purchased kegs, bought three empty kegs, brewed 2 batches of beer and ordered more recipe kits. I've moved the kegerator to my bar, modified the kegerator with temp controller, fan, huge hole in the top, replaced the beer line, faucet and regulator. We're now getting cold properly foamed beer.

She told me to go out today and get another fermenting bucket so we can brew more than 1 batch at a time. Together we can finish a cornie in less than 3 weeks

My wife thinks it's cool but hasn't really caught the "good flavored" beer bug. She's still into her Mike's Hard Lemonade and BudSelect...shame on her I say. I'll win her over yet, especially when I get a few more carboys and start kegging Apfelwein. Then I'll slip her a real beer every once and awhile. ;)

Drunkensatyr said:
She thought the old Kegerator looked too rough, so we bought a new 15 cf chest freezer. Well, a few nights ago, she opened the lid to pour a pint, and when she put the faucet back in the freezer, it got cocked open. Lost half her batch of Apricot wheat. As we are cleaning out the freezer last night, I suggest that I make a PVC Tower tomorrow. She shrugs and we just go about cleaning.. Calls me up at work today and tells me to order a tower from morebeer. Soooooo 3" 3 faucet tower here we come! Since she loves to paint, I'm buying her an airbrush and she is going to paint the kegerator with a flame job!!! I'll send some pic's when it is finished.

That is great!! Here is a pic of my first kegerator with my first attempt at a flame job. Did not come out to bad for a rookie!!:D

2278-HPIM0160.jpg

Back