I like BEER! HA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cb56

Reaction score
Something an old friend of mine used to say. A pork chop in every bottle.
First post and I'll probably get thrown off the site for it.
I do like small crafted beers and enjoy them regularly. BUT most of them taste either bitter or skunky or acidy to me.
My wife (yes she's a keeper) likes those types of beer. For every day beer I like a lager that is clean, crisp with a little bite to it. Don't hate me but Pabst is my favorite so far and Stag a close second. Does this make me a low class beer drinker? Where I live, Bud products, Busch etc... Miller/Coors products are readily available but mostly taste wimpy to me.
I remember my first beer to this day (I'm old 63) it was a Hamms and I thought it tasted heavenly. Tried Hamms recently and not even the same taste at all IMO. Do beer companies change recipes over the years?

So for someone who likes Pabst and Stag, what other Lagers would you suggest? Still light (but not watery) with a bit of a bite to it. No corn after taste no skunk or bitter or acid oily aftertaste. Like I said clean, crisp with a nice bite to it.

OK feel free to trash now. ;-D

Something an old friend of mine used to say. A pork chop in every bottle.
First post and I'll probably get thrown off the site for it.
I do like small crafted beers and enjoy them regularly. BUT most of them taste either bitter or skunky or acidy to me.
My wife (yes she's a keeper) likes those types of beer. For every day beer I like a lager that is clean, crisp with a little bite to it. Don't hate me but Pabst is my favorite so far and Stag a close second. Does this make me a low class beer drinker? Where I live, Bud products, Busch etc... Miller/Coors products are readily available but mostly taste wimpy to me.
I remember my first beer to this day (I'm old 63) it was a Hamms and I thought it tasted heavenly. Tried Hamms recently and not even the same taste at all IMO. Do beer companies change recipes over the years?

So for someone who likes Pabst and Stag, what other Lagers would you suggest? Still light (but not watery) with a bit of a bite to it. No corn after taste no skunk or bitter or acid oily aftertaste. Like I said clean, crisp with a nice bite to it.

OK feel free to trash now. ;-D
I haven't been here often, but it seems to me that most of the regulars on here can get with good old fashioned American light lagers. I don't think you'll have any issues finding like minded people in that regard. However, you may find that people want to talk about everything but beer (such as mustard, for instance) which is kinda odd for a site called talkbeer.

I remember my first beer to this day (I'm old 63)

Thanks for ruining the country, baby-boomer!

it was a Hamms and I thought it tasted heavenly. Tried Hamms recently and not even the same taste at all IMO. Do beer companies change recipes over the years?

from Wikipedia

In 1965 the company was acquired by Heublein. In 1973 Hamm's was sold to a group of Hamm's distributors which in turn sold it to Olympia Brewing Company in 1975. In 1983 Pabst purchased Olympia—along with Hamm's. It was at this time that the St. Paul flagship brewery was traded to the Stroh Brewing Company; Stroh's continued to operate the brewery until 1997. When it closed, the operation ended a 137-year brewing tradition on the site. Its buildings were shuttered, and subsequently vandalized, demolished, or left to decay. Miller Brewing acquired the brand from Pabst in 1999. Miller was later purchased by South African Breweries and the name was changed to SABMiller. Subsequently, SABMiller formed a joint venture combining their US and Puerto Rican assets with those of MolsonCoors to form MillerCoors, the current owner and brewer of the Hamm's Brand.[2] MillerCoors now produces three Hamm's beers: Premium, Golden Draft, and Special Light

Things have changed since you had that first beer.

Welcome to TalkBeer!

I haven't been here often, but it seems to me that most of the regulars on here can get with good old fashioned American light lagers. I don't think you'll have any issues finding like minded people in that regard. However, you may find that people want to talk about everything but beer (such as mustard, for instance) which is kinda odd for a site called talkbeer.

Sorry for partying

upload_2019-4-4_10-56-36.gif

Back