I just want to argue...let's keep it friendly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many donuts and cinnamon rolls in the breakroom. Praise be unto Gary_Oak to deliver me from temptation.

Edit: wrong thread. what a moran

Les Paul vs Strat-O-blaster
Never mind all of the technical / musical reasons (which are numerous as well as signifigant) why any Les paul is FAR superior to any Strat....consider this:

In a given (out of control) situation that could have, say, happened in 1998 - in a somewhat seedy dive bar not far from my...I mean...someone's house - a Les Paul makes a superior weapon for opening coconuts...I know this from a guy who knows a guy (he has way better yeast than YOUSE people) who has an uncle who has heard of a guy that designed an experiment and then proved this to be true...;)

Les Paul vs Strat-O-blaster
Never mind all of the technical / musical reasons (which are numerous as well as signifigant) why any Les paul is FAR superior to any Strat

I'm with you already :D

....consider this:

In a given (out of control) situation that could have, say, happened in 1998 - in a somewhat seedy dive bar not far from my...I mean...someone's house - a Les Paul makes a superior weapon for opening coconuts...[...]

I'm assuming "opening coconuts" is a euphemism ;)

Cheers!

Forget this Strat/Les Paul stroking going on, and can we all agree that a Telecaster is not only good for just country music, but is ugly as sin to boot?

I'd still like to play a nice hollow-body, like a Gretsch, just once. Oh, and to play a Martin acoustic, to see if they really are that good.

Forget this Strat/Les Paul stroking going on, and can we all agree that a Telecaster is not only good for just country music, but is ugly as sin to boot?

I'd still like to play a nice hollow-body, like a Gretsch, just once. Oh, and to play a Martin acoustic, to see if they really are that good.

No Slym. No.
This thread is for disagreement, discourse and bravado. We shall not agree.
We will not forget that Strats suck.
We will never forgive the reason for their being...never mind book burning...let's have a global / world-wide Strat burning!

Argue on bro...
Argue on....;)
BTW: Telecasters are loathed even more IMHO......(<<<lots of dots add emphasis to my statement)(<<<my previous statement adds even MORE emphasis...!)

Besides, no respectable man would even consider a Tele to be a proper weapon in case of sudden ball-room-blitz...what are they made of...pine...maybe balsa I think...???

Meh, Martins are weak and sound like mud. For production instruments, Taylor, Bourgeois, Breedlove, PRS, Collings, Brock, Santa Cruz, etc. (not to mention the countless small-time luthiers) all run circles around Martin. So take that!

Meh, Martins are weak and sound like mud. For production instruments, Taylor, Bourgeois, Breedlove, PRS, Collings, Brock, Santa Cruz, etc. (not to mention the countless small-time luthiers) all run circles around Martin. So take that!

I'll accept this as solid proof that you have no idea what guitars are supposed to sound like.

I'll accept this as solid proof that you have no idea what guitars are supposed to sound like.

Wow. You are easy and own how many?

Martin = meh....it is a brand and a name that you paid a ton of money to acquire. The extra money was for the brand and the name.:ban:
Wood is wood...a logo will never change this truth.

I disagree.

Yes, you've listed some other great guitars there... but I've never picked up a Martin that hasn't had a nice strong, crisp sound. Maybe the budget versions sound like ****, I dunno.

I disagree.

Yes, you've listed some other great guitars there... but I've never picked up a Martin that hasn't had a nice strong, crisp sound. Maybe the budget versions sound like ****, I dunno.

And I have had crisp chicken nuggets - with EXTRA BEAK...so what.
The label has been assigned. It shall never change. NEVER!
martin = meh...(<<<NO Cap draws emphasis to my statement)

Wow. You are easy and own how many?

Martin = meh....it is a brand and a name that you paid a ton of money to acquire. The extra money was for the brand and the name.:ban:
Wood is wood...a logo will never change this truth.

Currently I have my herd thinned to 3, but I've owned upward of fifteen in the last twenty five years or so.

I'm also a sound engineer of sorts.

And I just wanted to argue.

Currently I have my herd thinned to 3, but I've owned upward of fifteen in the last twenty five years or so.

I'm also a sound engineer of sorts.

And I just wanted to argue.

Gibson / Epiphone man here...bass and 6 string...old school metal.
20 year electronics / computer engineer...did a few years as FM broadcast engineer...

BTW: The out-dated yeast that I currently have on hand, is way better than what you have...if you even have any...

Gibson / Epiphone man here...bass and 6 string...old school metal.
20 year electronics / computer engineer...did a few years as FM broadcast engineer...

BTW: The out-dated yeast that I currently have on hand, is way better than what you have...if you even have any...

Tele, P Bass, and a 68 Kay Archtop are all I have left. Had a Gibson Ebow Bass and a SG for a good long while though. I love Gibson/Epi and Fender/Squier pretty much equally.

Now we argue Amps. I bet you're a Marshall guy. I prefer Ampeg for bass and Vox AC15's for six string.

Electric basses are for school girls and people with tin ears. An upright is the only proper stringed bass instrument.

You obviously don't know shvt about guitars. The type of wood and methods used for construction are paramount.
You obviously don't know how to think critically.
Let me help you with that.

Mohagany = Mohagany
Made In China Wood = plywood

What, like you have studied wood for the last 30 years?
What wood was your thesis on?

All bow down to the leaper wood masaiha...

What say you now wood expert?
Hmmm????

(my brother is a trained and skilled luthier by the way..)

If you feel the need to continue to argue about "your area of expertise" I can have him join and assist in ganging up on you.
He is my big brother (and by that, I mean 6 ft 250 lbs). Watch your step and choose your path carefully...

See...there you go again...the meaning of your words escapes even yourself.

I cannot fix stupid.

Next.
Because they do stuff with one wood...and other stuff with other wood.

I have spoken - and layed rest to your feeble attempt at arguing with me.

I say good day to you,sir.
I say GOOD DAY!

And, I might observe, (1) "Like" in (9) years means your probably an a-hole.

What say you now unlikable dood?

Hmmmm?

I have boosted your like-ability...:)

M...W, were you not such a tool you would realize that the one is the number of likes given. I don't foresee that total increasing today.

M...W, were you not such a tool you would realize that the one is the number of likes given. I don't foresee that total increasing today.
No need to get angry and flail while you root about for a ledge to hold onto.
Go with it...just relax an go with it...let your finger slip off of the ledge...one by one...BTW we will park your misunderstanding of my messages...becaue it is Be Kind To An Idiot Day...so there we go...

No need to get angry and flail while you root about for a ledge to hold onto.
Go with it...just relax an go with it...let your finger slip off of the ledge...one by one...BTW we will park your misunderstanding of my messages...becaue it is Be Kind To An Idiot Day...so there we go...

It's all good M, don't read any anger or malice into it. The sun is shining and we've got some tasty waves...

Bass player versus bassist... (there IS a difference)

Is there?

Hondas are way more ubiquitous than Kawasaki, which makes them awesome to work on, and reliable to boot. Only I don' particularly like cleaning Keihin carbs...

BASSFISH.jpg

Back