I guess maybe I'm "semi-commercial"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojox

Reaction score
I haven't sold anything, and I probably won't this year. But I have a lot of first year hops, check out today's harvest!

IMG_7603.jpg
4.95lbs wet cascades, "Row 10". I think that's the champion Cascade row, we have 5 rows and what I think is the worst gave us just over 2lbs wet.

Here they are in the oast, which was clearly designed with longer term/higher volumes in mind. Still works great, we dried that 2lbs down to 8oz in about a day and a half, no heat.
IMG_7604.jpg

3 more rows of Cascade to go, then on to the Zeus! I think I'm averaging a harvesting rate of about 1-2 wet pounds per hour, so it takes forever... hopefully some help is coming tomorrow or the next day!

If you need someone to test out the hops and see if they are good then let me know. :)

I will gladly test your hops to make sure they have the appropriate flavor and bittering agents! :ban:

Seriously, looks like you have a nice crop there.

Back