I found a diamond in the rough today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
So, I was driving around town (Plattsburgh, NY) for work today, and a passed by a little bodega called "Richards". I went in because I wanted a beverage only to discover that this little hole in the wall has the best beer selection in the entire Adirondacks! I got a case of SN Bigfoot (I'm going to cellar it) for $32, and I got a case of SN Porter for $14.99 (because it was outdated)! I talked to the owner about the outdated beer, casually mentioning I was a homebrewer, and he said "Well, I guess you know that most beer gets better with age" Cheers to that, bro!

A quick google led me to "Richard's Grocery Bait & Tackle on Johnson Avenue. Is this the same place that you are talking about? A friend of mine has a cottage on Chazy Lake and I would love to find a place with good beer! His fridge is always stocked with Genesee. :(

A quick google led me to "Richard's Grocery Bait & Tackle on Johnson Avenue. Is this the same place that you are talking about? A friend of mine has a cottage on Chazy Lake and I would love to find a place with good beer! His fridge is always stocked with Genesee. :(

That is the place!!! Go there. The next closest place with a good selection is over in Winooski, VT. Plattsburgh is only 40 minute from my house, and we're there at least once a week. Cheers!

Cool, thanks for the tip. One of my wife's relatives owns a cabin in Upper Jay that we stayed at last October. The cabin and surrounding area was pretty awesome. I definitely want to go back soon.

Cool, thanks for the tip. One of my wife's relatives owns a cabin in Upper Jay that we stayed at last October. The cabin and surrounding area was pretty awesome. I definitely want to go back soon.

Not sure where your wife's relative's cabin is, but our place also in Upper Jay. We have 5 acres on a really quiet back road. Stop by for a beer next time you're in town!:mug:

This has turned into a VERY beneficial post, KayBrew!! I never knew about NCM. A slight detour off of my route home! :rockin:

Thanks again.

Update...

I went back to Richard's today and he had cases (12-24oz bottles) of SN Wet Hop ale for $14.99! I bought 3 cases.:tank:

Yes, in a huge walk-in cooler. There were $14.99 cases of SN Kellerweiss as well, but I'm not into Hefes...at all.

Back