I can't believe I wrecked it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFBEER

Reaction score
OK wrecked might be a bit strong but I certainly took something that I was mostly happy with and by dry hopping added to much hops to the mix.

I made a Canadian Blonde kit from Cooper's and because my wife loves the Rickard's white so much I added some orange zest and corriander seeds to it. After a couple of weeks I took a little taste of the sample I was using for my hydro test and thought "hmm pretty godd a little on the orange sweet side maybe 1/4 oz of hops will help it mellow"

I should have just put the air lock back on and let the flavours mellow. Now I have to wait for the Hallerteau to mellow so the orange comes through more.

Stupid rookie mistakes grrrrrrr!

If you're looking to drink it early, then perhaps this was a "mistake" but it certainly sounds like this brew will be killer in about a year or two. Toss it in some dark stable place and forget about it.

You more just temporarily wrecked your beer. The hops will mellow out soon and will actually help your beer develop more. So many you did something good...

I'm with snipper. It seems like I never have enough dry hop flavor left after my beers have been bottled for a month or two. One of these days I'm gonna dry hop with $50 worth of hops, just to see if the flavor will endure longer;)

Latest posts

Back