I Brewed Today... It was Awesome!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildrebel

Reaction score
Hey my name is Erik and I live in the great town of Oxford Mississippi, home of the Ole Miss Rebels. I brewed my first batch today and had a blast. I am already hooked on brewing beer and I don't even know if my first batch will taste good. This site is awesome and I hope to find some great recipes here!

I'm in the same boat, buddy. I brewed two extract brews and by the time I was just tasting my first bottle, I was already getting set up for all-grain! Now I've got two all-grain brews fermenting and I'm planning on making it three this weekend, and I still haven't tasted anything other than my first batch. It's an addiction for sure!

Greetings fellow Mississippian! Awesome feeling getting that first batch done. HBT makes it a lot easier to be involved in this hobby for those of us in places like Misisipi. At least you're not too far from the brew shop in Memphis.

I suggest you check out the msbrew blog, it's a google site can't remember the addy right now. Also more importantly check out raiseyourpints.com the organization trying to change our state's antiquated beer laws, including legalizing homebrewing!

Roll Tide & good luck with the new hobby.

Schlante,
Phillip

Welcome to the addiction! 1.5 months ago my wife bought me a $100 kit with a blonde ale ingredients box, and thought that would "settle" my craving to make beer. Aahahahahaha oh how she was wrong. Since then, I've made 3 more extract batches, a batch of Apfelwein, and just today bought the ingredients for 4 AG batches (I just bought everything I'll ever need for AG brewing in my garage...like $400...sheesh). In all, I'd say I've blown a good $800 on brewing in 1.5 months. But hey, the equipment is now all purchased, so it's really not that bad anymore.

Back