I am an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheezydemon3 said:
Right on! Speaking of which, Arturo gave birth to that monster and then pretty much disapeared.

I still see him around occasionally. Curlyfat is definitely gone. I got a PM when they all went over to BeerForum inviting me to come imbibe. No thanks lol

minions-egd-lester-demotivational-poster-1232861724.gif

Minion. Seen Megamind?

The soundtrack is amazing and the movie is REALLY funny. His fish that wears a robotick monkey suit is named Minion.

Are you not entertained?

Wha?? Speachless with awe and admiration.

Minion. Seen Megamind?

The soundtrack is amazing and the movie is REALLY funny. His fish that wears a robotick monkey suit is named Minion.

If I remember right that was with Will Ferrell, but I have yet to see it. Minion always reminds me of Despicable Me.

And I bent and cut my new dip tube to a rough length last night instead of being lazy. It was an odd feeling...productivity. hopefully it doesn't permeate the workplace.

Wha?? Speachless with awe and admiration.

If I remember right that was with Will Ferrell, but I have yet to see it. Minion always reminds me of Despicable Me.

And I bent and cut my new dip tube to a rough length last night instead of being lazy. It was an odd feeling...productivity. hopefully it doesn't permeate the workplace.

It is better than Dispicable me. (GOT KIDS?;))

No kids here, just a creepy obsession with Pixar. Looks like life compared to Thundercats.

Apparently I should bow out of this thread though. I start posting with some "regularity" and everyone runs away.

Cheezy, you should try to dry hop a stout with squid ink. Send one to CG if you need a tasters. :)

No kids here, just a creepy obsession with Pixar. Looks like life compared to Thundercats.

Apparently I should bow out of this thread though. I start posting with some "regularity" and everyone runs away.

Cheezy, you should try to dry hop a stout with squid ink. Send one to CG if you need a tasters. :)

Awe! you made me ink! (pixar ref)

Hmmm squid were in my underground fermenter (on accident) but evidently their alcohol tolerance is LOW.
100% death rate with only 2 days fermentation. Not sure if they inked.

If Im not mistaken a Dominican folk "tonic" pronounced "mama-wanna" (no clue how its actually spelled) often has fermented squid in it.

If Im not mistaken a Dominican folk "tonic" pronounced "mama-wanna" (no clue how its actually spelled) often has fermented squid in it.

Mama wanna? I think they were effing with you.

Fermented squid ink.......that is freakier than fish sauce!

Can you ferment ANYTHING and make it safe to eat?

for example rotted sheep blood, I mean rancid. Fermented, safe to drink?

Mortadella (uh oh, tangent) SO funky! Is it like bleu cheese? Safe fungus? Got some chorizo that was pretty funkdefied. Where do you draw the line.

I just looked it up, its mamajuana, not to be confused with marijuana. And its not fermented squid INK its fermented bark and twigs and WHOLE squid.

Its vile.

However, two or three shots chased down with just about anything and youre ready to take on an army. Its also considered to be one of the stronger aphrodesiacs, which I cannot attest to, as last time I had some (age 18) fresh air and tap water were both aphrodesiacs.

cheezydemon3 said:
Mama wanna? I think they were effing with you.

Fermented squid ink.......that is freakier than fish sauce!

Can you ferment ANYTHING and make it safe to eat?

for exaple rotted sheep blood, fermented, safe to drink?

Actually squid ink is considered quite the delicacy.. I was in a restaurant that was commanding like $40 for their risotto with squid ink. It looks like something you'd eat aboard the Flying Dutchman

image-1866956145.jpg

bottlebomber said:
Actually squid ink is considered quite the delicacy.. I was in a restaurant that was commanding like $40 for their risotto with squid ink. It looks like something you'd eat aboard the Flying Dutchman

That dish actually looks pretty freakin good.
It's close to lunchtime. I wonder if I can hunt some of that down. :D

I've had squid ink pasta, and it is absolutely lovely. I also love squid and octopus, so that dish is right up my alley.

If it comes from the sea, it is good enough for me!

Ever have geoduck?

From what I gather, the color is more the draw than the flavor (slightly salty flavor). Squid ink is supposed to be blue-black, so I think a nice lightly hopped pilsner or helles (light body and flavor) would be really transformed by squid ink.

Ive always found squid ink items to have a nice briney, bright flavor with a little shellfish in the finish. Not very strong flavored at all (though bomber would probably curl up in a fetal position). I think you might be right on the pilsner, Dog, you would want something on the lighter side of the spectrum flavorwise... nothing assertive. MAYBE an Irish Red.

Never had geoduck, and while I would like to try it, I'm told we are overfishing it...

Ever have geoduck?

From what I gather, the color is more the draw than the flavor (slightly salty flavor). Squid ink is supposed to be blue-black, so I think a nice lightly hopped pilsner or helles (light body and flavor) would be really transformed by squid ink.

Yes, both raw and cooked. I was stationed in Bremerton Wa. for my last tour before retiring and had ample opputunity for fresh seafood, actually that's true for my entire Navy career, just fresh seafood from different seas and oceans around the World! Even including freshwater fish and foods!

CreamyGoodness said:
Ive always found squid ink items to have a nice briney, bright flavor with a little shellfish in the finish. Not very strong flavored at all (though bomber would probably curl up in a fetal position). I think you might be right on the pilsner, Dog, you would want something on the lighter side of the spectrum flavorwise... nothing assertive. MAYBE an Irish Red.

Never had geoduck, and while I would like to try it, I'm told we are overfishing it...

Hey, I had some lobster ravioli a few nights ago chump. They were delicious. I don't mind things from the sea, because it's obvious they don't have any feelings.

Speaking of not having any feelings, a guy I work with has been having bad marital problems and was finally served with divorce papers last night. I made him this graph to help to illustrate to him why things didn't work out.

image-3278476129.jpg

Personally, at age 33 my sympathy for those who make "hot" a priority is waning. There is a certain look accompanied by a series of mannerisms and general carriage, often corresponding with the label "hot" that should be an instant scarlet letter. I get the feeling I would take one look at your coworker's ex and say "thats the woman that will ruin your life."

Btw, off topic (bwhahahaha) but I have a confession to make.

For the longest time I thought DME and LME stood for Dark Malt Extract and Light Malt Extract.

CreamyGoodness said:
Btw, off topic (bwhahahaha) but I have a confession to make.

For the longest time I thought DME and LME stood for Dark Malt Extract and Light Malt Extract.

You idiot... I thought that too actually. What makes I worse is that I actually brew beer and you don't.

I just belly laughed.

Hey though, to be fair, I am about to brew my 4th gallon. Just cuz Im a noob doesnt mean I dont brew beer.

Actually... NOW that I think about it... seems like there would likely be a niche for a dark and a light malt extract... you should work on that.

you tool.

Getting back to the "hot" argument, my friend's brother found his ex-wife when she was competing in a bikini contest.

While this isnt, in and of itself, damning evidence of her awfulness, it is one of the grey connector pieces of Construx brand children's toys when mixed together with the blue connector pieces such as a lack of education, failure to keep a job, and inability to maintain genital integrity.

Maybe we aren't seeing eye to eye... My buddy's wife was nutty as a squirrel turd, but looked like an Eskimo with Down syndrome.

Ok I just choked on my own spit laughing. I did misread totally, its true. I've been getting to0 used to DougK's meaningless graphs to read a proper one, it would seem.

Latest posts

Back