I almost drank iodophor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trubadour

Reaction score
So I just finished my first AG which took all day (I hit my numbers dead on, btw :rockin:) but I just picked up a cup of iodophor mixture and had it to my lips before I caught myself and put it down. No, it's not in remotely the same glass than the belgian triple that I'm drinking, but you know how it goes sometimes.

Damn, that stuff looks like beer.

So I just finished my first AG which took all day (I hit my numbers dead on, btw :rockin:) but I just picked up a cup of iodophor mixture and had it to my lips before I caught myself and put it down. No, it's not in remotely the same glass than the belgian triple that I'm drinking, but you know how it goes sometimes.

Damn, that stuff looks like beer.

At least you had something nearby to rinse with if you had got some in your mouth. :D

It was just a little glass to sanitize a stopper for a yeast harvest I'm doing, and it was a little over rationed. Normally doesn't look like that, but put too much iodophor in there, and man it looks yummy.

no really ive drank the stuff before. about two big gulps before i realized it was not my iced tea. threw up twice to be on the safe side

Why? It won't hurt you. That is, unless you drank it straight out of the bottle, but if it's in the proper solution it won't hurt you any.

I wouldn't think it would hurt you. When I was in boy scouts, we used this stuff called polar pure to disinfect our drinking water. It was basically iodine, mix it with the water, let it sit for a bit, then drink. I have probably drank hundreds of gallons of water treated with the stuff.

I wouldn't think it would hurt you. When I was in boy scouts, we used this stuff called polar pure to disinfect our drinking water. It was basically iodine, mix it with the water, let it sit for a bit, then drink. I have probably drank hundreds of gallons of water treated with the stuff.

Yep, I always carry a small bottle of the stuff when I'm in the Backcountry in case my water filter fails.

Back