Huberman podcast thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breweer

Reaction score
Andrew Huberman has become a pretty popular guy with his ability to clearly explain very complex scientific findings. Recently, he did a deep dive on our beloved alcohol, which showed pretty alarming damage related to consumption. Of course we all know that drinking comes with a variety of risks, but the numbers and the damage cited in this episode are alarming. Hit me even harder with my passion of all things beer, to the point that I'm really on the fence about what my alcohol consumption looks like going forward. I'm relatively young and healthy, but certainly keep an eye on my drinking because of my homebrewing hobby. Curious what the general thoughts are from those on this board.

Huberman Alcohol Podcast

I've spoken to my doctor every year at the physical and it's the same thing, one a day is ok...everything in moderation.

I personally don't drink every day...I basically take a sabbatical during baseball season when coaching (march-june).

Try to eat right, and share more than you drink...seems to work for me. YMMV

I've spoken to my doctor every year at the physical and it's the same thing, one a day is ok...everything in moderation.

I personally don't drink every day...I basically take a sabbatical during baseball season when coaching (march-june).

Try to eat right, and share more than you drink...seems to work for me. YMMV
I definitely go through cycles where I drink more than others, like CFB season upcoming. I've made major changes in my diet the last 10 years, and actually weigh less than my high school self which has been a big win. Agree though, I love homebrewing and the thing that keeps me excited, even through research like what Huberman highlights, is that I enjoy sharing it as much, if not more, as I do consuming it. Your point on moderation is on point and something that I juggle with, being that I get hyper into things so I have the tendency to over indulge in whatever the activity is that's got me intrigued.

I haven't listened to the podcast, but have done a fair amount of reading on it. There are a lot of studies that show the negatives, but there are also those that show regular consumption has benefits, so long as you keep it to a reasonable amount. The medium I've found is to limit myself to 1 - 2 beers a day, although I don't drink every single day, and sometimes I do have more than 2, I'm hoping it averages out :)

Back