Hubby in upstate NY for 2 weeks...gimme some ideas for breweries for him to visit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
He's going to be in the Roseberg (sp?) area for work and will be going into the city this weekend. Anyone here in that region that can suggest some places for him to visit? And maybe get some brewing ideas for his lovely wife?

Not familiar with Roseberg (and can't find it on a map) but assuming you mean he will be traveling into NYC here are some good spots to checkout:

Queens
  1. Transmitter Brewing
  2. LIC Beer Project
  3. Finback
Brooklyn
  1. Brooklyn Brewery
  2. Five Boroughs
  3. Other Half
Staten Island
  1. Flagship

Not sure how far upstate he will be but Ommegang in Cooperstown is a great place with some of my favorite brews. Also, Middle Ages and Empire in Syracuse.

We're huge baseball fans so he's already planning on making the trip to Cooperstown. And he's in Newburgh (shows how much attention I pay to itineraries). He's already snagged a sixer of Ommegang's Nirvana IPA (which I haven't seen out here) and said it was darn good. He went to Newburgh Brewing today and I'm waiting to hear how the beer was.

If he's around the Albany area, Nine Pin is having a production floor tour on the 9th, if he likes cider.

Schmaltz Brewing in Clifton Park (just north of Albany) also has a tasting room, and their brews are great!

Brown's Brewing in Troy (NE of Albany) is goooooood and I can highly recommend their beers. Their Cherry Razz is A+ and their draught list rotates a lot.

"Upstate" places compared to the city:

Industrial Arts Brewing
Suarez Family Brewery
Peekskill
Hudson Valley Brewing.

Thanks guys! He did get to go to Ommegang today and said it was awesome, the property has been in their family for over 400 years, incredible.

Thanks guys! He did get to go to Ommegang today and said it was awesome, the property has been in their family for over 400 years, incredible.

I've been to Ommegang several times but never managed to do a tour/tasting room because they always closed down for concert :mad:

And now I live downstate, so it'll be tough to make the trip anytime soon.

So let me get this straight: You are finding breweries for your husband, and you brew beer? I must be dreaming!
Seriously, you are A Great Wife.
(I know, because I have one too)

Surprised this hasn't been said more than once, but if he's in Newburgh, he's right in the center of the Hudson Valley breweries. Suarez is far and away the absolute "must visit" in that area, followed by Hudson Valley, Equilibrium, Newburgh Brewery (I mean, he's staying in that town anyway), Sloop, Peekskill, Plan Bee. I could go on. He's staying in proximity of a lot of great breweries. If you don't remember any of the others....Suarez.

Latest posts

Back