Howdy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbjosh

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I live in the bay area and make wine (for a living) but, for whatever reason, had never gotten around to beer brewing until last fall.

Only about a year ago did I borrow a friends kit and make my first LME brew. Went well enough, was fun, beer was tasty enough by my standards (though comparison tasting it vs. my favorites is not beneficial, I've learned, heh).

It had been a while and I am about out of my first brew (start the chiding for how long it took me to drink my beer), so I wanted to brew again before things got busy with harvest. I made the command decision to jump to AG just because it looks like more fun. Now I have my 2nd and 3rd batches of beer fermenting in carboys. We'll see how they turn out.

One other thought: I think it is fantastic that beer essentially tops out around $10-$15 / 750ml. If only wine had a reasonable ceiling!

SF Bay area... There are vineyards all around the bay, not just up in Sonoma and Napa. More specifically, I live near Half Moon Bay and make wine from vineyards that are in the Santa Cruz Mountains, near Saratoga, La Honda, etc. Also have one vineyard way up in the Anderson Valley (near Boonville).

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back