Howdy Y'all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomead64

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello from Pecan Plantation just outside of Granbury, TX. (40 mi. SW of Ft. Worth) Not many brewers in my neighborhood except the owners of Revolver Brewing so I usually drive to Ft. Worth to hang with other brewers. I started brewing Fathers Day weekend of 2014 when I received a kit as a gift. Over the years my equipment has changed from plastic "Ale Pails" and stovetop brewing to stainless fermenters, Tilt Hydrometers, Peltier coolers, and Raspberry Pi's to be able to control and monitor my treasures. I will be picking up an Anvil Foundry on my next trip into the big city.

My brew space is also my makerspace so amongst the pots and kettles you will find desktop CNC's, FDM and SLA 3D printers, CO2 lasers, etc. When I'm not working, brewing, or drinking I am usually a full-on geek in the middle of building a combat robot or preparing my Powerwheels race cart for the next Power Racing Series event. I enjoy days at the range, but unfortunately, I lost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident right after I used my last round of ammunition.

I worked 18 years as a flight paramedic and I now do financial planning and wealth management and own an online tax preparation company. I currently have an Oatmeal stout in primary and a black lager in secondary. The oatmeal stout will ultimately be a Smores Stout when it is done.

Howdy and welcome. I have the Anvil 10.5 and love it. This spring/summer I’m moving to west Texas. Looking forward to riding my bike a LOT s’more.
Cheers

Howdy and welcome. I have the Anvil 10.5 and love it. This spring/summer I’m moving to west Texas. Looking forward to riding my bike a LOT s’more.
Cheers
It should be much warmer for riding! I hope you enjoy the move, I bicycle a couple of hundred miles a month for about 9 months of the year, and in my motorcycle day's I would get a good 8-10 months of riding in.

Battle Bots is one of my favorite shows. You ever on there?

We were accepted for the 2019 season and the shop that was supposed to do all of our CNC stuff suddenly decided they could not finish in time for us to be in California by the early April filming date so we dropped out at the last minute. I am good friends with many of the teams and do other activities with them such as the Powerwheels racing. About 90 or so of the people on my Facebook friends list are competitors. I was offered VIP passes for this season, and then COVID hit and it went from an April recording to a last-minute let's-go this fall. I still have a partially built robot for next season if I get someone groomed to oversee the tax business long enough for me to be gone the last week of tax season.

Back