Howdy from Leander Tx

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stynkmonkey

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just brewed my first ever batch of beer "Stone IPA" as my lhbs calls it.

Seems like you guys have lots of good information on here so I might be spending lots of time around here, especially when I'm at work :).

We should start a little club/group/get-together, to talk and taste each other's brews and share recipes, and stuff like that. Any of you guys be interested in something like that?

Terry
812 Primrose Lane
Cedar Park
[email protected]

Welcome! Used to have a little gentleman's ranch down Nameless Road we would shoot at.

We should start a little club/group/get-together, to talk and taste each other's brews and share recipes, and stuff like that. Any of you guys be interested in something like that?

Terry
812 Primrose Lane
Cedar Park
[email protected]

That would be cool, but I'm only on my first brew so I don't have anything to share yet, I do have some beer though.

That would be cool, but I'm only on my first brew so I don't have anything to share yet, I do have some beer though.

What'cha brewing? and what kind of beer? :D

I have a REALLY hopsy raspberry stout that is still a little green, a Grape Pyment and some of the Ancient Orange Mead with a few weeks left in the fermenter, I also bottled a Ginger Cyser last month, and today I prepared a Strawberry Cyser (and it tasted AWESOME going into the primary).

Terry!

The only thing I've done so far is an IPA that I just started tearing into and it's tasting pretty good. Have some sweet mead going in the primary right now but that's still a long way from ready.

hehe, yeah, it kills my 11 year old that I'm making something that I don't really plan to have until a year from now... :D

so I was thinking of maybe making a flyer for Texas Homebrew about a brew club, maybe call it like: Williamson County Homebrewers or something like that? Central Texas Homebrewers Club, I donno... Just see if others are interested in hooking up and tasting some beer, mead, rootbeer, whatever? Possibly at a restaurant or something like that: eat and try beers/talk about beer/share recipes & hints & advice, ad nauseum. :D

What do you think?

Terry!

Hey Stynk! Was going to inquire how your brewing was going? I am about to bottle that Strawberry Cyser that I put in the carboy on the 1st. :D Tasted a bottle of my ginger cyser today, and it is good and dry and nice little bubbles already (at just 2 months) going to be a winner in about 10 more months :D.

Well as much as I tried to milk it my supply ran out, it was great while it lasted. Now I have 5 gallons of Mead that needs to get into some bottles for a few months and I will start on a batch of AHS Honey Wheat so I can have some for my housewarming party after we move.

Ah, where are you moving to? Away from Austin area? I was looking forward to possibly meeting and sharing some brew at some point. :D I want to meet other local homebrewers near Cedar Park, hehe.

Latest posts

Back