Howdy from Ft Meade, MD!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usafbeach

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I'm a relatively new brewer just reassigned to Fort Meade, MD. I found my local home brew shop and picked up the ingredients for a test run of a Belgian Trippel I'll be brewing for my upcoming wedding in Nov (following the Grand American Slam Ale recipe from the Complete Joy of Homebrewing).

I found the trippel appropriate for this event as it's generally well received amongst a variety of beer drinkers, and the trippel has double meaning as I'm going to rename it a "Trippel Eleven" since our wedding date will be 11/11/11. Corny, I know.

I think I've found a great community here.. see you around the boards!

Paul

Welcome to the area man. I'm right in laurel. Did you go to MD home brew in Columbia? Hope all goes well with the brew for the wedding.

The one and the same! Kinda out of the way, but they seem to have a great selection and fair prices.

Welcome to HBT!

We apparently have a few things in common: I work in Laurel, was married 11/11/89, and my name is also Paul!

Good things must be coming your way!

Welcome! I grew up in Laurel and live in Ellicott City now. Annapolis Homebrew may be more convenient for you but the staff at Maryland Homebrew is second to none. Chris and the rest of the staff are great and I'm there all of the time. At a minimum, Annapolis Homebrew is open Monday and Tuesday if you desperately need something. I didn't know that there was a Maryland brew day, so I hope I can come and meet you there.

I brew with a couple of friends and we created our club the Benevolent Order Of Brewers. We got the idea from the Benevolent Order Of Antelopes from the movie Stand By Me and our acronym is B.O.O.B. It seemed fitting. Anyway, welcome!

I didn't know that there was a Maryland brew day, so I hope I can come and meet you there.

Hope to make it! Other than Jetzer's post above, I haven't seen anything else on it though, including browsing through the MD Brew Day group's posts. :confused:

There's a thread in the gatherings forum regarding Maryland Summer Brewday... the one in my sig is for Winter brewday and I haven't ever bothered to change it :(

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/md-brewday-summer-meetup-planning-242499/

Looks like Jun 11th, Joppa (just north of White Marsh on I-95).

Usually start ~10-11am, bring your own equipment or borrow someone else's if they're hanging around when they're done, whatever...or just come and drink a bit...

PM me for address details.

the MD brewday "group" doesn't get much attention :)

Back