How to use this condenser to expel methanol? Don't want to kill myself.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BangladeshBrewer

Reaction score
2fa13284-7204-4aa4-b3df-db520d43bb8d.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

This is my equipment. I have brewed beer, from 4 KG barley and 1 KG rolled oats, and which is what I will distill. On the instructions from this equipment it says the steam tank (above the kettle on this picture) has two valves.

(a) the top discharge fusel value
(b) the bottom discharge fusel value

The instructions say to open the top valve (that is the thing with red at the highest point on the equipment) when liquid is coming out for 10 minutes to let a few drops out and then you close it.

It says the same for the valve at the bottom of that column.

I don't want to end up poisoning myself on these odd instructions. I'm brewing from barley/oats beer, so I guess there won't be much methanol anyway. But I want to discharge it properly.

What do I do? Wait for drops to come out of the output (the right most tube sticking out of the condensing chamber) and throw away a few drops?

BTW, there are some balls of yellow stuff that go into the steam chamber to remove impurities.

Latest posts

Back