How to Triple Hop a Miller Lite Clone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! Thanks for the reply..I know this thread is old.

I have the batch in the primary. Used harvested safale 05

I pitched last night around 68/70 degrees
Fermenter is at 67 right now

I have a decent layer 1/4 inch of yeast down on top of the wort and a bubble per minute

My experience with safale 05 is that it ferments furiously. This one not so much... Was suggested its not so vigorous because of low og

Or do you think the harvested yeast is weak / low pitch

I wash the yeast clean to see yeast and water get out as much trub I can

Yeast was only one day from harvest

This thread is older than dirt. The other thread has had several people make this with good results. At the cost of about 25 cents a beer.

Worth noting, the caveate is you like light beer and don't mind spending time making something that's easy enough to buy.

No way would I ever drink or attempt to make a miller light clone. Id make Pabst before that crap.

The reason I wanted the ml clone is I like lighter beer sometimes and sure I could buy it.. But it's loaded with by products, made with GMO and high fructose corn syrup.

I'm not a health nut... Just don't want to consume. Liquid poisons.

Hi guys! I transferred the ml clone to the secondary and added the amylase enzyme . I see now why secondary was so important to this batch. The wort had a lot of smush and guk in it that really just clung to the sides of the carboy. The og was 1.034 and the fg is 1.010. It should go up a pinch with the AE. I drank the sample. Love it. TThe hops shine! Will post a pic when it goes to glass.

This was the first time I used flaked corn. Is this why the secondary was so important?

Holy effin necro thread, Batman! Just remember what was said earlier: a beer this light is a serious test of your ability to control every aspect of the process, since every mistake will be emphasized. Good luck with your cheap beer!

Holy effin necro thread, Batman! Just remember what was said earlier: a beer this light is a serious test of your ability to control every aspect of the process, since every mistake will be emphasized. Good luck with your cheap beer!

Exactly... that's my thought. Not everyone likes the thought of Miller Lite. The triple hopped version I make is altogether different. Much better!

Back