How to run heating pad wire into kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flee15

Reaction score
I have a basic top freezer style refrig as my soon-to-be kegerator. It sits in my cold garage and the temp is too low. I have a stc-1000 so I can run a heating pad in the colder months. How is everyone running the power cord for the heating pad into the fridge? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

There's power inside the fridge already - you just have to find it. If you already have an STC-1000 controlling temp, then you have found it. I have mine wired up to the cold side and to a fermwrap - for exactly the reason you are looking to - outside fridge.

I'll post a shot of it later today.

Probably obvious, but ur gonna have to drill a hole somewhere being sure to not hit anything important like electrical or cooling lines. On my ferm chamber (an upright freezer) I removed the shelves and they had plastic inserts where the shelves locked into place, when I removed one of these, I stuck a small screwdriver in the hole and felt around for obstructions, didn't feel anything so drilled there. Then you'll have to remove the plug on ur heat pad, feed thru the hole and rewire a new plug.

I used a refrigerator with the top freezer. There are existing holes in the back of the freezer intended for an ice maker. I used one of those holes to get power inside the freezer then dropped the wire down into the lower compartment through the existing duct between the two compartments.

But I just ran an extension cord instead of the actual heater cord. This makes it at least 100 times easier to replace the heat source if it should fail as well as providing a power source for whatever may need one.

Back