How to remove bung from Oberon mini keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBoy19

Reaction score
This may be in another forum already but, I know you can re use the oberon mini kegs a few times but I'm having trouble removing the bung. Any advice?

Take a medium flat head screwdriver and stick it in there. Grab part of the bung you raised up doing this with some pliers so it doesn't fall in. Then pry it out with the screwdriver and pull with the pliers. I buy a new one each time as they always get a little bit damaged pulling them out.

I noticed that whenever I do this it scratches the mini keg a bit and rust forms in the scratches, is this damaging to the beer at all?

Use more lube (dish soap). If it's on the top of hte keg may not be a big deal. but if you scratch the inside rim it might not be good. might decrease life of keg.

I noticed that whenever I do this it scratches the mini keg a bit and rust forms in the scratches, is this damaging to the beer at all?

Back