How to get your GrowlerWerks uKeg kickstarter reward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btbnl

Reaction score
As anyone who supported the GrowlerWerks uKeg kickstarter knows, delivery of the rewards has been painfully slow. After 2+ years only 50% of the 10,000 rewards have been distributed, even while the uKegs themselves are widely available through retail outlets. The monthly email updates are information-free, and the self-congratulatory tone and offers of discounts and express shipping on retail purchases are insulting.

The good news is that there is a way to get your reward in 2 weeks. Simply go to the Oregon Department of Justice Consumer Complaints website and complete the handy online form. They will then forward your complaint to GrowlerWerks, who will resolve it by shipping your uKeg.

I submitted my complaint on January 9th and received acknowledgement from ODoJ that they would process it the next day. On the 20th I received another email from ODoJ that included GrowlerWerks response to them, which turned out to be an internal company email thread listing all the open complaints and the associated tracking numbers resolving them. On the 24th my uKeg finally arrived (though I would note that throughout this process I received nothing from GrowlerWerks themselves - no address check, no notification of shipping, nothing).

I do understand that GrowlerWerks faced challenges, both with setting up the manufacturing process (which should have been expected) and with the patent infringement case, but their treatment of their backers has been at very least abominably tone-deaf, and I have no hesitation in recommending this route to resolution to anyone else.

I am attempting to go this route and see hwat fruit it bears.

I have funded a total of 12 Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaign. All of them have kept their promises, or at the least have provided products to the original backers first once they become available.. GrowlerWerks is an abhorrent company, who has decided that despite the funding being 1000% have started to provide their product retail instead of honoring their commitments. I don't buy the patent lawsuit, that's what liability and fraud insurance are for.

Huh.. I got my ukeg close to 2 years ago.. didn't know they were having trouble.. I think I waited 6 months to a year from the time I backed.. but I was also in the first backing group and got mine for a silly low price compared to what the bring now.. sadly I have yet to use it.. more of a novelty conversation piece that sits on my bar.

View attachment 1495028113631.jpg

Back