How to dry bottles without a bottle rack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you could always try and see if someones throwing out an old dishwasher and swipe the rack out of that... im looking for one to do that very thing

Thanks for the tip about using the dishwasher as a bottle rack.
I think I might spring for a vinator, that seems immensely useful, but I might try the dishwasher rack trick to keep them ready to use.

By the way, the "heat cycle of doom" is the only thing I've found that removes the gold foil "trim" on the top of the Leffe bottles I recycle, and the extra sticky labels on other bottles. Good for lazy people like me :)

I have an extra large kitchen island/bar and after wiping it down 2 or 3 times with a spray bottle of one step sanitizer, I then spray it down good and wet once again. Then I shake out the sanitized bottles and invert on the wet sanitized countertop. I use warm sanitizer in the bottles so they dry pretty quickly with the exception of the opening. As I am turning the bottles over two at time to prepare for bottling, I give them a quick shake to remove the excess. I have bottled 16 batches so far with no problems and have not had a bottle fall over yet. Just be careful there or no kids or drunks around.:)

i made my own with a 2x6 and some wooden rods stained them and glued them in a lil bulky but pretty cheap to make works pretty good

I run the bottles through the dishwasher with a bit of PBW. Then I use a vinator to put a few squirts of Star San in each bottle right before bottling. I then store the bottles on the clean dishwasher rack until I'm ready for them.

I just did my first batch of bottles, and I put them in the dishwasher on the "Sanitize" setting with no soap and called it a day. I'll let you know if my beer comes out funked ;)

+ another 1. My dishwasher also has the "sanatize" feature so I just let it do the work and bottle straight from the washer...

:mug:

yeah, soak bottles in a tub of oxi clean to get any crud or labels off. Quick cycle through dishwasher with sanitze option, soak the caps in star san or similar and then bottle up your beer!

Back