How to disassemble perlick 435

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenixs4r

Reaction score
I'm normally pretty good with Google, however I'm failing today apparently.

I have a MASSIVE leak coming out of my perlick 425. Its coming from the piece of metal that screws in directly to the tap. I see 1 accessible oring which I have replaced with a new one, and its still leaking like crazy. I can't figure out how to further take it apart. Help plz?

I'll attach a pic of it leaking.

425 ,damn it.

ForumRunner_20120811_162938.jpg

Check this parts diagram out, should help.

If the leak is around the bonnet, there are actually two O-rings that capture the faucet lever "ball". They are the same part number and can be interchanged.

I have found that if the upper O-ring is dry when fitting everything together and adjusting the bonnet, that O-ring can get "crumpled" and will definitely leak profusely. I solved that by putting just a film of keg lube on the O-rings and lever ball, which let me tighten up the bonnet without distorting the rings. All six of my Perls have been totally drip free...

Cheers!

day_trippr said:
Check this parts diagram out, should help.

If the leak is around the bonnet, there are actually two O-rings that capture the faucet lever "ball". They are the same part number and can be interchanged.

I have found that if the upper O-ring is dry when fitting everything together and adjusting the bonnet, that O-ring can get "crumpled" and will definitely leak profusely. I solved that by putting just a film of keg lube on the O-rings and lever ball, which let me tighten up the bonnet without distorting the rings. All six of my Perls have been totally drip free...

Cheers!

How does one remove that o ring? Press the lever down and snake it out with a dental pick?

Never mind, figures it out, you pull really hard on the handle and it slides out, lol

Back