How tart should F1 be at bottling time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
It's been 10 days so far, just starting to get tart, but just barely.... would it be time to bottle? Or should I wait until it's perfect drinking kombucha and then bottle? I'm new to this and I've heard it's within 2 weeks per batch
Thanks!

I'm new to this too. I left my first 2 batches for 4 weeks before bottling. But it is pretty cool in my basement, so that probably slowed it down.

Both tasted good when I bottled, Only drinking the first batch so far; tastes great to me, but my Daughter thought it was a little too sour for her. ......... I thought I had hit a home-run on my first time out, but I guess different people taste things differently.

It should be "drinking ready" when you bottle it. You can add a bit of sugar to prime it to carbonate it in the bottle (use plastic bottles for this), but it should be good just as it is before bottling.

Back