How remove manufacturer’s label ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read lots of good stuff about Spike products. This is the first thing about them that I've seen that strikes me negatively.

Ignoring direct communication and being passive-aggressive with "likes" rather than just responding to the customer that bought the products is a bad look. @Beavis740 doesn't like the appearance of the logo on the kettle he bought; Spike could at least give him an actual reply.

If Spike wants to have an aggressive image of telling customers to suck it up and deal with it, they should own it and say so. Otherwise, they could try being helpful.

I'm with ya! Just made me chuckle.

I've read lots of good stuff about Spike products. This is the first thing about them that I've seen that strikes me negatively.

Ignoring direct communication and being passive-aggressive with "likes" rather than just responding to the customer that bought the products is a bad look. @Beavis740 doesn't like the appearance of the logo on the kettle he bought; Spike could at least give him an actual reply.

If Spike wants to have an aggressive image of telling customers to suck it up and deal with it, they should own it and say so. Otherwise, they could try being helpful.

This response is so bizarre to me. The customer bought the equipment knowing it was going to have a logo on it. Then he's asking the company how to remove it? If you emailed Ford to remove labels off your car do you think they'll come back and say, "Hello sir, here's a step by step on how to remove all the labels!"? Haha ridiculous. If you don't want the label on there figure it out yourself OR just leave it on.

Thank u sir. I have had good experiences with them in the past and have no idea why I had trouble on this issue.
I did get a response yeaterday though. They said they didnt have knowledge how to remove the labels.
since then I have worked at prising what turns out are Stickers from the pots. It takes some time, but is working. A small amt of gummy residue remains from underneath the stickers but I will remove it w a bit of acetone I believe.
thanks all who gave serious feedback.

A heat gun might make the removal easier.
Then citrus-base solvent to remove the residue.

(Whoops! Already been suggested MULTIPE TIMES!)
Late to the party again...

Last edited:
Apparently this manufacturer has something to learn about the importance of having honking big marketing graphics plastered on their product.

What a shame, to waste all that potential advertising space!

1643777713235.png

Attachments

• 1643777632230.png
    1643777632230.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 5
If all of the chemical methods above don't work, I'd try brake and/or carb cleaner. If that doesn't work get some MEK. That's got to be some of the nastiest **** I've ever worked with. If using MEK, do it outside and follow all safety precautions.
MEK, the absolute least pleasant application of the term 'airplane stripper'.

Back