How old were you when you started to homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started after getting a Mr. Beer kit for my 40th b-day last year. Put together a real starter kit by the third batch and I'll hit my 50th batch before the end of the year :ban:

Made my first batch of wine at 13.... was distilling by 15.... didn't make beer until 23... just too complicated!

Started in college at 22. Honey wheat extract kit. I remember my clothes smelling like brew because I only had one little closet in my room. I'm 28 now, and have brewed a couple times a year since.

I just did my first all grain, and am restoring a kegerator, so I'll be brewing a bit more often, I think.

I'm 36 now and have just started my second batch of Coopers. Wish for a bigger brewing pot though so I can start from scratch. Tried wine and distilling, but it's dangerous to get wasted!

just started at 35ish.. kicking myself in the ass every batch fro not starting earlier.

Started out at 22. Bit the bullet one summer with a friend and bought startup equipment. Haven't looked back since. And with the coming of winter and sooo many hops soon to be in storage I am turning the brew knob over into hyperdrive.

I was around 21 or 22 did one batch and it came out really bad
went 5 or 6 years before i tried again. Haven't had a bad batch
yet since i started back.

Got a Mr. Beer kit from the GF when I turned 21. Slowly ramped up production over the years ...

Only actually followed a recipe exactly the first time.

Well I guess im the baby, i started when I was 19... Uhhhh well I was in college and beer was a pain to have others buy so I made my own. 24 now and still going strong!

I started twice. Once when I was 25, but that was in 1970. The equipment and ingredients just were not readily available back then......so I quit. I started again two years ago, when I was 63; having a ball.

I technically started when I was 21 with a Mr. Beer kit. I then took a break for a couple years, buying the homebrew starter kit when I was 23. Made two marginal batches and quit for a couple more years. I started up again ~ 3 years ago. After a couple AHS kits that came out really good, I was hooked. Since then, the hobby has become a hole in my wallet and a detriment to my liver.
:drunk:

I started brewing almost exactly two years ago, I was 27 and I'm approaching my 30th birthday in a few weeks.

i was 19 im 24 now good times. a friends dad used to brew extract batches and i had a couple and was hooked well before i was of legal drinking age and had to try and brew some myself. it was easier then bugging someone to go get me some beer.

23- bored in knoxville TN but now im back in memphis 24 and my brewing has slowed.. i have more to do and less spare money from not going out.. ever

i'd had been looking for a hobby for about 8 years.. BEST HOBBY EVER

I was 19 when I made my first batch. My buddies mom let us get away with anything. It was a spruce beer and is still probably the best beer I've ever made. I'm 25 now.

24 (31 now). A friend of a friend taught us to brew extract w/ specialty grains. Did that for a couple years, then basically stopped (2 batches in 4 years). Started back up last fall, discover HBT, and went AG. Now I try to brew at least 2 batches a month. Love this place.

25; been brewing for 2 months, and should have started when I was old enough to drive to the LHBS.

I had just turned 27 and got my brewing equipment for my birthday. Kick ass birthday present and turned out to be the gateway to spending much more money on equipment.

Back