How often do you replace EVABarrier lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeCo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My EVABarrier beer lines have been in my kegerator for over 3 years now. They look clean and I don't notice any unusual flavors, but I feel like I should replace them as in the past I've read that regular beer lines should be changed annually. I didn't see any recommendation on Kegland's web site. Any recommendations?

fwiw, I built my third and current keezer using EVABarrier lines for beer, gas and water in the fall of 2020. I do a recirculation cleaning cycle twice a year using either BLC or LLC, whichever I have on hand. The lines all look and taste just fine. I have no plans on replacing any of them...

Cheers!

I emailed Kegland about this, and this was the response. It's a little unclear, but I think they are saying if they seem clean, you don't need to replace them like standard vinyl lines.

"If you take good care of your lines (clean and sanitise regularly) then they will last many years.

They are very chemically resistant so I would only be worried if you notice that they are getting tainted or you are noticing off-flavours in your beer that you are pouring.

Generally best practice is to replace your lines every year, however this is generally not necessary and the vast majority of customers would opt to not do this given their lines are clean"

I can't think of any reason to replace beer lines unless they have been sitting out exposed and are all moldy and nasty.

Just flush them them between kegs. Run some hot water, BLC, oxiclean, whatever and rinse well.

You can remove an submerge and soak in oxiclean, bleach, vinegar, etc.

they make these very long and tiny tubing brushes.

I've had cheap vinyl lines get discolored and leaving a bad taste. I wasn't able to clean them using BLC or PBW. If you buy in bulk, it's cheap enough to replace rather than try to clean. The EVABarrier lines should be much more resistant to contamination.

Back