How often do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow you guys are an ambitious bunch! I try to get a batch a month if I have the time, any more often than that and I start running out of room to store the bottles. I'll be looking to switch to a keg setup at some point next year though.

I'm cutting back to once every two weeks. But I'll probably push a couple extra into there. I think 30 batches a year is reasonable.

I brew AG 5 Gal at least once a week. When I am jones'n really bad I break down and do a MR beer kit in between.

not near enough. I'd like to do every 3 weeks or once a month. it's more like every 2 or 3 months. I know, it sucks. I've been doing alot of work on the house and in the hop garden. now that fall is here, maybe i'll brew on a regular schedule.

I brew AG 5 Gal at least once a week. When I am jones'n really bad I break down and do a MR beer kit in between.
A little druck now so may be shouldn't be typing out loud, but . . . . my roots are mr beer. Got nothing bad to say about it. But could I go back, buy the cans, stick it in that plastic barrel thing. Not thinkin so . . .
:drunk:

not near enough. I'd like to do every 3 weeks or once a month. it's more like every 2 or 3 months. I know, it sucks. I've been doing alot of work on the house and in the hop garden. now that fall is here, maybe i'll brew on a regular schedule.

One of the more pragmatic pieces of old, yet useful advice I got way back when was to try and get the brewing done between September and May, partly to make temperature control easier, and partly due to more interesting things seeking to enter the beer in the summer (hey, was that fly sanitized?). At the rate I drink it's not a problem to salt away a store for the summer, if I'm actually brewing at all in a given year. I'm trying to do a 5-gallon batch every week right now, but have only gone two batches thus far - have to see what next weekend brings.

Funny you should ask.....

I work the 14 on 2 off shifts.. so it works out great: I have 7 fermenters....

Day 1 brew 4 beers
Day 2 brew 3 more
Day 3-17 Go to work somewhere in the nation
Day 18 move first 4 to secondary
Day 19 move second 3 to secondary
Go to work for 2 weeks
Come back, bottle batch 1-4 & brew 4 more
next day bottle batch 5-7 & brew 3 more.

This process repeats from Feb till OCT...

I AM HOME!!!! & WILL BE FOR 3 WHOLE MONTHS!!!!

I'm stoked.

Next assignment is in Feb blasting trees down with C4, I can't wait. (well, yes I can)

45 brews this year. I won't say what size batches

zac

I live my life 4 days at a time. For 4 days I work 12 1/2 hour shifts, and then I'm off for 4 days. At least one of my days off I will be brewing, sometimes 2 of those days. In all I probably average around 1 - 5 gallon batch a week.

I just realized the benefit of a non traditional work week! Alot of free time! I work 5 or 6 days out of the week. I will keep up my 2 week schedule as long as funds permit, and bottles are empty!

30 5G batches of beer+apfelwein so far this year. Sometimes I'll do multiple batches in a week or even in 1 day. There's also some dry spells in there of 3 or 4 weeks without brewing.

Ditto the money thing. Just bought a roof, garage door, picture window and big screen. Still averaging about 10 gals a month.

Back