How much time to allot for an all-grain brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaching a boil and chilling also add ample time depending on equipment choices.

I save time because it takes me 7 minutes to reach a boil in my E-Keggle and I save time on the chill, because I dont chill. It used to take me much longer to brew before I built a dedicated system that was designed to save time.

Good point. When I do run-off, it works faster to get to a boil, because I turn on the heat while it's filling up. It's close to a boil by the time the runnings are complete.

The new electric rig I have makes brewing so easy that my wife complained that I was brewing too often... I'd come home from work at 7pm and brew up a batch... lol

The new electric rig I have makes brewing so easy that my wife complained that I was brewing too often... I'd come home from work at 7pm and brew up a batch... lol

Sorry to get you into trouble with the Mrs....:D

Well, I guess i"m too old and slow, it still takes me 6 hours to brew a lager.Same as it did 30 years ago. I think that's a good all around timeframe for most brews. Please don't give me flack on this. That's just how long it takes me.:cross:

Reaching a boil and chilling also add ample time depending on equipment choices.

I save time because it takes me 7 minutes to reach a boil in my E-Keggle and I save time on the chill, because I dont chill. It used to take me much longer to brew before I built a dedicated system that was designed to save time.

Sorry for not reading through all 80+ posts here to see if you explained this already and you probably have, but if you don't chill what do you do? Wait until the next day to pitch the yeast or do you have some other cooling technique?

Sorry for not reading through all 80+ posts here to see if you explained this already and you probably have, but if you don't chill what do you do? Wait until the next day to pitch the yeast or do you have some other cooling technique?

Search for no-chill. Pol seems to have it down to a science. And the quick answer is, yes, they pitch the yeast the next day or whenever the temps have come down to the proper range.

Search for no-chill. Pol seems to have it down to a science. And the quick answer is, yes, they pitch the yeast the next day or whenever the temps have come down to the proper range.

Thanks Homer!

Back