How much Raspberry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota21601

Reaction score
Getting ready to do a 10 gallon batch of a 7.5% Wheat. A friend and I are going to split and add raspberries to the secondaries separately.

He was going to do 4 lbs, split to a tertiary and add another 1 lb in the tertiary to give the flavor of a 6 lb/5 gallon. I was going to do 5 lb in my 5gal. So we will have essentially a 4/5/6lb split between the three.

I personally love the look of the local Oaken Barrel Razzwheat they used to brew when it was bright pink with a pink head. Adds to the overall enjoyment even though I was not much of a fruit beer geek. But it was good mixed with their porter. And honestly it was a good blend as it was not super fruity tart. They have since changed it where it doesn't come out that color with the pink head etc.

But I personally want to match that. Anyone have experience making a razz wheat with that color etc. without it being overly crazy tart? Making it primarily for some nurses we work with so that would be a plus to get it looking like that and being a nice blend.

Another guy I work with is part owner of Peoples Brewing here and he said he has put as much as 10lb of strawberries in a batch and it was not too crazy, but raspberries seem that they would be a little stronger in the flavor/tart dept. Suggestions?

Latest posts

Back